Being a mom is beautiful and hard and we get that sometimes you just need a safe place to breathe.
A place to get some encouragement that what you are doing matters.
We are a combined MOPS and MOMSnext group!
We welcome moms who are pregnant, and moms of infants up to high school.
Discussions will be tailored to the different groups, meeting the needs of moms in different stages of parenting
A Message from Pastor Shari
on 2020/2021 Meetings
We made it through the spring and the summer, and now fall has arrived! It’s time to re-connect with some of our favorite mom friends at MOPS and MOMSnext of Living Water. This fall, I believe our group is more important than ever. After all, with all that is happening around us, we currently aren’t living in an environment that promotes connection, develops strong self-care or mental health practices. We have to fight to keep those going. Whether it’s virtual or face-to-face (keeping it safe, of course), we must make the effort to keep connection alive! Our lives and our families will be better for it!
In order to stay safe and sane, we would like to propose a “hybrid” approach to our meetings. We would still have two meetings/month, but one would be virtual and one would be outside on our church patio following CDC guidelines.
We are targeting our first “virtual” meeting for Thursday, October 1. So, during this month we will be planning for an awesome semester! We are fortune that MOPS International continues to be a great resource for meeting themes and content. Please let us know if you have any suggestions for discussion topics, games, activities, etc.
An important thing to note: There will be no fee required for this semester. It is free for all who would like to attend!
Also, please let us know about your availability. Do Thursday mornings still work for you? Please note: we will be recording the virtual meetings, so if you miss it, you could view later. So, even if Thursday mornings do not work for you, please indicate if you would like to continue to receive invitations, and then participate when you can. Also, feel free to invite friends. Even friends who live in different parts of the country can join our virtual meetings.
We can’t wait to hear from you! We miss you! Pastor Shari
2020/2021 Meeting Dates:
First Meeting – Oct 1 (Virtual)
Future dates TBC
Pre-registration is not necessary
We look forward to meeting you!
MOPs & MOMSNext of Living Water
Pre-registration is not necessary. Come and check it out first!
Fees: MOPS and MOMSnext International Annual Membership Fee is Free for the First Semester of 2020/2021
Connect with us:
What is MOPS?
MOPS is about meeting the needs of every mom of a child from conception through kindergarten.
The early years of being a mom are just as foundational to you as they are to your baby, and those years are filled with unique needs that other moms instinctively understand. MOPS is a place where moms can come to be encouraged and supported by other moms who are in the very same season of life…and best of all, to make some great friends! You do not have to be a “church-goer” or a specific denomination to join us.
What is MOMSnext?
When we’re past the diaper years and sleeping through the night …
When we’re meeting more emotional needs than physical ones …
When we’re caught between our children needing us and not …
it’s time for MOMSnext.
MOMSnext will shape you, ground you, teach you and encourage you. MOMSnext moms are going to be leading PTAs, starting groups, serving in churches, volunteering in schools, serving the community. They are entering a time of life where God wants them to thrive. It’s time for them to look up and see their bright future. Our hope is that MOMSnext will help moms hear God’s voice and look ahead together.
What does MOPS & MOMSnext offer?
- Community: We provide an open, caring, and accepting atmosphere where women can come together to share this important season of life.
- Mentoring: Mature women listen, encourage, and offer information and perspectives gained through experience.
- Practical Instruction: Presentations focus on areas of common interest, offering inspiration and information that is relevant to the life of a mother.
- Leadership Development: Groups are organized and run by mothers, as well as for mothers. Women who are involved in groups gain confidence in their leadership skills through the training and experience they receive from MOPS International.
- Discussion: The intimate and accepting atmosphere of a small group offers moms a chance to share their successes, failures, questions, and concerns. It is during these times that a mom realizes that she is not alone, and lifelong friendships are formed.
- Teaching: Topics presented at meetings celebrate motherhood and meet a mom’s unique needs during this season of life.
- Creative and Service Activities: Through creative and service activities, women are encouraged to have unique experiences that are enhanced in a community of women.
- MOPS Kids: During MOPS meetings, children are cared for in a program called MOPS Kids, where they experience love in a preschool-like setting.
2020/2021 THEME: Decide to Rise
Every year MOPS comes up with a concept that will guide the year. To learn more about this year’s theme check out the MOPS site: https://www.mops.org/decidetorise/